Saturday, January 2, 2010

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!





Hi there! hope everyone had a great New Year! Ours was pretty uneventful...which is a really good thing. Maddie is coming back from a rough week and her eyes seem to be getting better once again. The neurologist that we see on Monday has not seen Maddie when her eyes were good so I am glad they have gotten better.

On another note, after lots of bickering with Rob that I did not think it was good timing, I gave in and bought the Wii that he has been nagging at me about. I have to say as much as I do not want to admit it, it is not just a silly video game...I love the thing! Shhhh...don't tell Rob :) We have only had it for a few days and boy oh boy are we both sore! This thing gives you a great work out! The best part is that the kids like it too...Maddie especially! She is so funny as she tries to imitate us with the bowling and swinging her arms around...it is great! Paige gets into it a little but as soon as she can coordinate the remote, I am sure she will be more excited.

Maddie is doing super developmentally still. She is truly in toddlerville right now trying to do everything that we do or Paige does. She is going right up to Paige to give her hugs and kisses. Unfortunately with in 2 minutes is screaming and hitting her too...We have to work on that. She is LICKING EVERYTHING and it drives me nuts!!! I swear she will end up with the plague or something! She licks the floor, legs, shoes, walls...pretty much everything. I get so grossed out by this. I can not wait until this stage passes. So far in terms of speech, I think she is still struggling a bit but I know it is going to come. It is strange because she will not always say the word duck appropriately, continues to say Quack Quack if you ask what does a duck do (I am psyched that she continued to say this!) She is mumbling Mamama more often and I do love that. Still does not call Paige or the dog anything in particular though. So this is a work in progress...but since the Quack Quack, I see it coming very soon. She really is now understanding much of what we say...Even though it doesn't always process right away, she is getting it.

So I will let you all know how Monday goes. I know a lot of you have had trouble with the comment part and I do not know how to make it easier or fix it. However if you do have a question that doesn't post feel free to email me

1 comment:

  1. First off HAPPY NEW YEAR! That picture of her is so cute, hope everything goes well today including the ride. Thanks again for sharing all of this, you need anything just let me know!

    ReplyDelete