Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ahhh! Christmas is Here!




I can not believe that we are only 2 days away!!! I think I am finished with my shopping but I guess we will find out on Christmas...I never realized how crazy shopping could be but I guess when you have 2 toddlers and both parents working full time, shopping is not anything like I remembered :)

I completed an official project that I am really proud of (I tend to start projects and have a hard time finishing them so I was really happy to have completed this one :)...I made these books for Maddie's therapists that had a ton of pictures I took of Maddie doing all the different things they helped her to achieve (Rolling, focusing, pulling up, holding her head up, etc...). It had little phrases to go with each picture...anyway they really liked them and I was happy to have finished them in time for Christmas. I am also happy to say that I actually mailed out Christmas cards this year!!! I still have many of the last few years worth of Christmas cards completely filled out and addressed...I just never had the time to mail them out. I am not sure how I found the time this year but I did it!

I am happy to say that even though Maddie has had a hell of a week with bad eyes she is still doing great walking! I brought her to a play group Tuesday and she did super! She really is a bubbly toddler! I think that her bubbliness really masks any delays she may have. She is absolutely loving Christmas music! She shakes her little bum like there is no tomorrow! It is super cute. It has been harder to get good pictures of the girls lately because of Maddie and her eye problems and of course Paige's dog bite. I took some the other day that came out pretty good. I will post a few when I get them on the computer.

I would like to say that Maddie is sleeping better but every time I do that she stops...so let's just say she has been nice to me in the last few days and leave it at that :) Maddie has officially been able to avoid going to her doctor (other than for the flu shot) for over a month! That is a record!!! She has even been sick with the croup for the last few weeks but no need for the docs as she is trucking through it just fine! She also has not had another ear infection since having tubes in months ago! We have our Boston visit January 11th and hopefully will be able to make it till then with no other apts :)

Paige is doing super too! She is quite the preschooler...I peaked through the window to watch her at daycare the other day and she was twirling around in her princess dress ups and high heels.
I bought she and Maddie the same green pea coat (they look super cute together when they wear them) and Paige loves to tell everyone that she has the same coat as her sister.
She is now sleeping through the night with no pull ups!!! I am so psyched to not have to buy pull ups or diapers for Paige! They are ridiculously expensive when you have 2 in them! At home with Maddie, I try and used the cloth diapers. We can not use them for daycare though and Rob hates them :) Either way less pull ups = more $ so I am happy!


As Christmas approaches, I do find myself missing the times we spent at Aunt Becky's house...With Grandpa in his Santa hat and Christmas sweater...Uncle Kim making sure the kids were not drinking alcohol in their soda glasses, Grandma bringing all of her make up samples, singing songs and opening presents with the family. Even the kids could help with the cooking, or spend time with the adults by the Christmas tree...I really miss the time we all spent together then. I remember everyone was always happy...It didn't matter what had gone on that day...or how many arguments were stirring before the party...When we were all together, it seemed like all those worries disappeared, and we were just happy being together as a family. I am so lucky to have had this experience because this is what I want for my kids to remember about Christmas. Christmas shouldn't be about who got what or how much you spent on a gift...It's about being together with the people you love the most and celebrating a miracle. I personally feel we have many miracles to celebrate this year and am very thankful for this.

So...that is it for now...hope you all have a great holiday!!!! And thanks again for all your support!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love these pictures you put on here they are great! When things slow down and life hands you a little free time I'd love to get together with everyone and swap gifts ect...

    ReplyDelete