Friday, February 5, 2010

Transition Meeting...

We had a team meeting yesterday at Maddie's Dr's office to discuss where things are at for her medically and what to do to support her transition to the Toddler room. I think it went well as we covered a lot of information in a short period of time. We talked about how well Maddie was doing in terms of her strength and beginning to problem solve.

I was relieved to discuss the nap issues in the Toddler room. This is one of the biggest concern I have with her transition. In the toddler room they only take 1 nap and it is at a specific time. Well that would never work with Maddie. She NEEDS more than 1 nap and it has to be when she starts getting loopy, not at a specific time. Either way everyone agreed she needed this and we will be able to bring a little play pen in for them to use for her when this happens.

In the next 2 weeks we should if Maddie has TS or not. I have a feeling she does not have this...but am not quite sure how I will feel if she does. I can only imagine that her case would be mild as she has yet to develop significant problems that most with TS have at her age. Her doctor reminded me that TS has a mind of it's own and can manifest at different times in different people. However, Maddie is doing so well compared to many other kid's her age who have TS, I would imagine that it would be mild for her...that is just my opinion. I am sure I will feel different if I hear that she does have TS, and probably freak out...I don't know.

I am trying really hard to not obsess about it like I used to. It is too hard on everyone and we are just going to take everything one day at a time from now on. Maddie has made huge improvements despite her medical issues. I am so proud of her for that.

Maddie has had headaches 3 days in a row :( I am home with her today and she is doing a little better. Her eyes have been bad last 3 days on and off as well. I am giving her a lot of motrin which I think helps with the headaches.

On another note I am still trying to finish painting all the kitchen cabinets to get our place ready to sell. We would like to move eventually but are really struggling on where to. We love Maddie's workers but they only work in the town we live in. I am not super thrilled with living in Milton...and not convinced I love the schools. With that said, we really need to get a bigger place for the girls to have their own rooms. Maddie waking Paige up at night really does not help Paige at school....So we will be thinking about this...even though we are a long ways away from moving at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment